Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bar Lourinhã

This cosy little tapas bar is definitely one of the hidden gems in Melbourne. It’s a small place with cushions by the window, a bar area and tall long tables. We were seated at the bar where we got a good view of a range of antique bottle openers to dried chillies hanging on the wall.
I heard they're well known for their range of wines and spirits.
 To start off with drinks, I asked for Sangria but they didn't have it so the lady serving us recommended me something similar instead.
Tinto Verino:  Pink wine with lemonade and mint leaves.  Light and sweet.

Octopus with potatoes and aioli sauce. The octopus was tender and it went well with the aioli sauce.

 

Clams with chopped tomatoes, herbs and bacon bits (or maybe chorizos). I really liked the sauce. Full of flavour with a sour tang to it!
Seafood Paella. One of my favourite dishes of the night! I could taste the sweetness of the crabs, prawns, mussels and chicken wings infused in the saffron rice and the dark crunchy crust at the bottom of the pan gave it a deeper flavour.


Prawns 'a la plancha'. The other favourite! Sweet large prawns grilled and served on a mini metal pan. 
And not forgetting desserts!

Churros with dulce de leche (milk-based sauce). The dipping sauce reminded me of butterscotch. 


Orange creme caramel. There weren't many choices for desserts so I opted for this one. I liked the churros better. 


Overall it's a nice place for drinks with good tapas to share. Mains are around $15 but specials can cost more. Be sure to head there early for dinners as they don't take dinner reservations and it gets pretty full after that!  

Bar Lourinhã
37 Littlle Collins St
Melbourne VIC 3000
(03) 9663 7890
Bar Lourinhã on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment